This is the new Greypath which is much more amenable to later browser versions, tablets, many I phones and some android phones. [This is the third rebuild since 2000]. TO JOIN GREYPATH click on the Site Manager tab on this page. If you run in to trouble, mail firstname.lastname@example.org
I may well be getting old and cranky, but here are a few things I'd like to see.
1. The death penalty returned for certain heinous crimes
2. A freight and passenger railway line all the way around Australia's coastline
3. Drug dealers who supply drugs associated with a death, to be charged with manslaughter
4. Citizenship potentially revocable for first and second generation migrants
5. A fair and compassionate work for the dole system enforced. If you can only work one day or other a week, them that's fine. (Have we run out of things to do)?
6. Keeping the use of the word 'hero' for real heroes. Don't continue to dilute what it means.
7. A press that tells us the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
8. A nationally, bi party agreed ' Vision Splendid' for us for the rest of this century.
9. A non obfuscated, itemised, national climate change policy
I could go on, but would be interested on what we greypather's feel about the above and any ideas you may have on your wishlist?
Simply, a Happy Christmas To All Our Fellow Seniors
The editor has just been sent a link to a video that should have interest for so many of we seniors. It has to do with a Senate Committee currently looking at the potential for us to move to cashless society. Banks would love it! Its unlikely however that many of we seniors would wish for such. Have a look at the Youtube discussion, and if you have an opinion send it off ASAP addressed to the Senate Standing Committee on Economics via this email link.
For the first time in history, it seems we have more people over 50 than children under five.
With our extended and healthier life spans these days, it is clear that, economically, those of us who can, will need to work longer and so demand less on Government pensions.
The pressure on public pension funding, from a smaller working base of tax payers, will eventually lead to many changes such as deeper means testing, including greater scrutiny on our total assets.
With a set retirement age, we just don't over-night, become non productive in the workspace.
This is a very complex matter, and your comments and ideas would be welcome...
Given my druthers, things among many that I would like to see in our future world are:
1. A rail journey around Australia's coastline
2. A return of capital punishment for heinous crimes
3. The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, becoming compulsory for all of our public media
4. World population control to replacement levels only for our current population or less
5. A major worldwide research programme into creating cold clean fusion power energy sourcing
6. A return to a 'clean and green world environment.
What is on your wish list?