This is the new Greypath which is much more amenable to later browser versions, tablets, many I phones and some android phones. [This is the third rebuild since 2000]. TO JOIN GREYPATH click on the Site Manager tab on this page. If you run in to trouble, mail email@example.com
That virus consumes our news and our day to day awareness.
My wife and I have found a daily routine that seems to meet the rules (?) . This one, no doubt, the mental health rule. Such may change.
We do a couple of hours work at home, then go out and buy two take away cups of coffee, then transit to the local beach, and stay in our car enjoying the peaceful view and more. Then its home, a different way each time..
This morning, while parked at the beach, I was rewarded by having this Rainbow Lorikeet tasting Banksia nectar close to my ear!
Let's know how are you filling in your time?
The Council of the Ageing in Australia (COTA) are very helpful and recently took this one page ad out, in local newspapers to let us know of various freebies for seniors.
The ad covered seniors benefits through: no interest loan schemes, legal advice, public transport, libraries and community centres, fitness programmes, local council services, funeral assistance, motor registration discounts, and seniors cards.
If you wish to know more, or cant read the fine script here, you can contact COTA via Phone: 02 6154 9740 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I may well be getting old and cranky, but here are a few things I'd like to see.
1. The death penalty returned for certain heinous crimes
2. A freight and passenger railway line all the way around Australia's coastline
3. Drug dealers who supply drugs associated with a death, to be charged with manslaughter
4. Citizenship potentially revocable for first and second generation migrants
5. A fair and compassionate work for the dole system enforced. If you can only work one day or other a week, them that's fine. (Have we run out of things to do)?
6. Keeping the use of the word 'hero' for real heroes. Don't continue to dilute what it means.
7. A press that tells us the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
8. A nationally, bi party agreed ' Vision Splendid' for us for the rest of this century.
9. A non obfuscated, itemised, national climate change policy
I could go on, but would be interested on what we greypather's feel about the above and any ideas you may have on your wishlist?
Simply, a Happy Christmas To All Our Fellow Seniors
The editor has just been sent a link to a video that should have interest for so many of we seniors. It has to do with a Senate Committee currently looking at the potential for us to move to cashless society. Banks would love it! Its unlikely however that many of we seniors would wish for such. Have a look at the Youtube discussion, and if you have an opinion send it off ASAP addressed to the Senate Standing Committee on Economics via this email link.