Greypath is the leading seniors website in Australia. It was inaugurated in 2000, and has gathered 16 000 members over the years since, all by word of mouth. It’s stats vary and it had risen to around 2 000 000 hits a month and in the top 1% of world web sites by traffic when it was pared back to make it more manageable. It was pared back again in 2013 and 2015, and now has about half that traffic… It has around 4 times as many visitors as members. There are currently 6000+ unique visitors a month, 150 000 page views and some 75 000+ mentions via a google search.
The site is run by volunteers in the interests of our fellow seniors.
Our advertisers have included
Previous corporate advertisers include: Commonwealth Bank, Ozlotto, Primelife Retirement Living, GM Holden, Musica Viva, Homeshow Entertainment, Nissan Motor Company, Australian Seniors Financial, Sony Music, Nikon Camera, Universal Music, Latrobe Financial and more.
Agencies commission is 10% on bookings over $2500.
Home Page Banner
Rotating with up to five others, and as a bonus also appears on some other associated pages – this rotating page renewal dynamism is cost effective and beneficial to advertisers. Top of page. $450 per month, (2 months minimum) or $2400 for six months
Side Block Banner – unique, one only. $450 per month, or $2000 for six months
Forums – These sections currently claim some 100 000 plus impressions per month. We only carry two such banners here, and in rotation. $550 per month
Greypath has run competitions and other custom promotions and can develop new approaches with any advertiser. We do not run group member mailers on provide any members contact details.
Mail: email@example.com with any enquiries
ADVERTISING GENERAL ADVICE
Banners are animated or static advertising units displayed at the top of the page or the right hand side. All banners must be either in GIF or JPG format (if static) or can be flash animated
(If its all too hard for you, just mail us and we can sort it all out, or build a hard hitting effective animated or still banner for you.)
Standard Banners – Top of Page
‘Traditional’ banners that most commonly appear across the top or bottom of a page. Banners can appear on any or all pages of the GreyPath site.
A. Banner 1: 468w x 60h pixels
Rectangles provide the widest variety of banner sizes and most commonly appear ’embedded’ in main text areas. Rectangles can appear on any or all pages of the GreyPath site.
C. Rectangle 150 mms wide X 40-50mms high
Other IAB standard banner sizes are also available by negotiation
What do I need to provide?
- If you are supplying the banner yourself you will need to provide a static or animated banner that conforms to the specifications above.
- If GreyPath is building the banner for you, send through any images you would like included in the design in GIF or JPG format, accompanied by detailed notes relating to your preference for layout and content.
- A click through URL must be provided; this is the web page that users will arrive at when they click on your banner.
- The dates over which you would like your banner to be promoted on site.
- Please specify whether you want your banner to be ‘run of the site’ (ie appear on all pages) or whether there is a particular Special Interest Group (ie menu item) or other pages you wish for your banner to appear on (eg all of Art & Culture and the Lyceum).
Standard or Tower pixel size restrictions apply to all flash banners.
- Image file size must not exceed 10K for first frame. The total file size must not exceed 30K.
- File format must be SWF and you must include a GIF alternative for browsers that do not support Flash.
- The banner must direct traffic to a new browser window.
- You must use a string variable to track clicks, instead of inserting a click command or using an FS command. This allows the click-through URL to be modified without the creative having to go back to the designer. The variable string allows click-tracking information to be passed from the Flash Movie to the DART Ad server. This method is supported by Flash 4 and above. For assistance please refer to: http://www.macromedia.com/resources/richmedia/tracking/designers_guide/.
- No audio is allowed
- Ensure creative is cross-browser compatible (eg Opera, IE, Netscape, Firefox)
- Please specify whether you want your banner to be ‘run of the site’ (ie appear on all pages) or whether there is a particular Special Interest Group (ie menu item) or other pages you wish for your banner to appear on (eg all of Art & Culture and the Lyceum)
Links comprise a single line or paragraph descriptions of an advertiser’s product or service, attached to a direct link to their web site or email address. They are normally, but not soley, accessed via the links section of the website.
Competitions, Polls and Forums
Competitions, Polls and Forums are non standard and are designed to suit and are costed individually depending upon the advertisers requirements, duration and nature of the item.
Advertising is not geographically limited meaning that banners etc are on display for all visitors to the site throughout Australasia and elsewhere.
Please contact GreyPath to discuss your advertising needs and to receive a customised quote.
(Again, if its all too hard for you, just mail us and we can sort it all out, or build a banner for you.)