A Bit Sad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bettymbettym
    Participant

I have written here somewhere that we have a son working in Washington USA . His wife is here in Australia she had to come home for her second hip operation She is well and walking around now, but unable to travel back to America and our son was booked to travel here in June it now looks like he will be unable to travel here then, so he is stuck over there just with their 17 yr old son, in their apartment
    Such fun for the two of them I dont think!!!
    At least they have the TV,also homework is on the cards for the 17yr old and our son has lots of work also but not much fun. At least we have video link re the computer now and then so can all talk and see each other.

RachelRachel
    Participant

It is a sad situation ,thank goodness for video calling. Your daughter in law was lucky to still get her hip surgery before it was all cancelled.
    I can’t think of a way to word this without possibly causing offence depending on how my question is taken. I don’t know much about Australians living and working in America but wondering why her surgery wasn’t done over there.

bettymbettym
    Participant

Hi Rachel- Our daughter- in- law already had one hip operated on here in Australia and the appointment for the other hip was made before they left for the USA. At that stage there was no knowledge of the Virus that was to effect travelling , so she was back here for the operation when all the difficulties arose re travelling.

RachelRachel
    Participant

bettym, What a shame your daughter in law was caught up in this virus.
    The one good thing is that she got her hip done and is recovering well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15