A frightening article

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by abirdo abirdo 1 week, 5 days ago. This post has been viewed 80 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Read a big article in one of the papers this week it was all about how this world has changed since homo sapiens (we  humans)  arose on earth. It stated just how many birds /animals have been hunted to extinction , also  how the forests have been decimated , land cleared,the oceans full of rubbish so many of our sea creatures are unable to survive and so on. The article was chilling reading as they made it sound as if we have plunged this wonderful planet  into a state where it looks like if we continue   hunting and clearing all the land  it will be increasingly known as the latest great extinction of life on earth, this time by choice and not by natural catastrophe

. We humans have a hell of a lot to answer for.

Salina
    Participant

I’ve read similar.   I also think about the thousands of ships to-ing and fro-ing in the oceans, and wonder how that disturbs the life underneath.

Windfarms and their effect on birdlife is another worry.  (they also destroy the scenery)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  Salina.
    Tedwalker
    Tedwalker
    Participant

The banning of plastic is a start, but there is a hell of a long way to go.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Read that too BettyH … heartbreaking to me.

RIP our beautiful planet.

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Eventually it will be mankind’s turn to go extinct at the rate we are going!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15