A headline to smile at.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Salina 4 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 159 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Salina
    Participant

Furry friends find new home at Joey and Bat Sanctuary
    …………………………………….………………………………………………………..

“”Three’s not a crowd for these rescued joeys, who now spend their days snuggling together in a polar-fleece pouch.
    In the wild, joeys of this young age would be entirely dependent on their mothers, and spend all of their time in her pouch.
    But these orphaned joeys have the next best thing, with the polar-fleece mimicking the temperature of a real kangaroo pouch.

“”In addition to the joeys, Julie is currently taking care of three baby possums and six bats.

The sanctuary is entirely dependent upon donations to cover feeding and vet care for the rescued animals.
    To find out more, visit the JABS website.””

Link

Joey and Bats Sanctuary.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Salina.
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Yes Salina I thought that was so interesting also,but re the Bats,I don’t think that the folk who live in Charters Towers & other similar places Queensland would be caring about the Bats! Where They are a plague on their life.

Salina
    Participant

Tulip, yes there are areas where the bats are a pest, but I guess we’ve taken over their habitats.  Finding the happy medium of some measures of control and living with the wildlife is an ongoing problem.

Even kangaroos are a pest I believe in some areas.   Down here in Melbourne, since it’s been so dry for a number of years, the poor kangaroos are moving closer to the city/suburbs, looking for food, and wildlife people have to be called to rescue the occasional one from a freeway or near one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15