A Scam Again

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by bettyh Vic bettyh Vic 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 105 times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Actually I think this is an old type scam but arrived today.  My husband came  in laughing and said, guess what, I just got a email from supposedly  a bank manager in a Toronto bank saying there is $12 million in an account in my name ( husbands name) that if I contact him they will see if they can sort it out.  As If!!!!!

I thought those particular scams had finished and  they were into more   sophisticated scams now?

Salina
    Participant

I guess they will try anything.  Especially if one type of scam has proved successful.

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

I’ve won a Toyota Kugar several times,  but i haven’t got round to collecting it yet.  unfortunately there are some people who fall for these things

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

I’ve had a rash of emails this week offering me everything from large inheritances and free trips to luxury vehicles and household appliances. Also seems I have a myriad of packages awaiting a delivery payment to have them arrive LOL.

You’re right Mal, unfortunately some people do fall for the promises.

In its annual report, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s (ACCC) found that those over the age of 55 are the most susceptible when it comes to scams, in particular fake investment opportunities and online dating tricks.

Aussies reported an astonishing $340 million worth of losses to scams in 2017, which is an increase of 13 per cent on the previous year.

Source.

Abbey NSW
    Abbey NSW
    Participant

Gosh, those statistics Jen, explains why they keep the scam tricks going.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

I find it astonishing that over 55’s would fall for scams. My thinking is that being an older person you would be well aware of people trying to fleece you and it would be the unaware young  that fall for these stupid schemes.

Oh well we all live and learn I guess, regardless of age.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15