A Slow Learner I am

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Abbey NSW Abbey NSW 9 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 258 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

What I discovered the other day, on talking to my DR,  I said I have quite a few packets of Panadol Osteo  from when I was having hip problems What  will I do with them throw them out? Now I must be a slow learner because he said keep them they are just plain old Panadol take them as usual for pain etc, tacking the word Osteo on the end is just a marketing ploy.

I have never thought about that, as I said   A slow learner sometimes!!

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by bettyh Vic bettyh Vic.
    didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

bettyh the amount of Paracetamol in 1 x PanadolOsteo tablet is an extra 165mg per tablet so it is stronger than the 500mg per Panadol tablet, giving one an extra boost of painkiller.

I was prescribed LYRICA for Fibromyalgia and Peripheral Neuropathy some years ago and although I can have extra at midday, I often take 1 or 2 PanadolOsteo tablets as I get a quicker response.

To Each Their Own – as we know everyone’s pain levels and response to pain relief are not the same 🙂

Jennywren-vic
    Jennywren-vic
    Participant

I too take p.osteo but sometimes I wonder why. I know they are slightly stronger than regular Panadol too but sometimes I wonder about the price difference. Regular Panadol can sometimes be picked up for under $2 but p.o. Can be $9. I smell a rat!

Abbey NSW
    Abbey NSW
    Participant

another thing about panadol osteo and its generic equivalents is that it is slow release, so that the paracetamol (the active ingredient) is gradually released throughout the day.If you have a headache, you would be better off taking a regular paracetamol tablet or capsule, preferably with some food as it takes effect in about 15 minutes but lasts only up to 4 hours.

I use the generic brand of panadol osteo for arthritis and find it is better than not taking it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15