Actually saw a film yesterday.

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums Reviews Actually saw a film yesterday.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Tulip Tulip 9 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 310 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Went to the movies yesterday, we were treated to at least 6  previews before the film started, well  every one of the previews had shootings therefor people falling over dead, ,car crashes, fighting, in all  we thought a dreadful line  up of films to come, wouldn’t choose to see any of them.

The film we saw was the biggest sci fi hodge podge  fantasy I have seen for ages. Called “Valerian and the City of a a Thousand Planets” I can’t really tell you the story plot, but  as usual some nasty people and  lots of  good and bad  ugly,bug eyed monsters, big ears, fat bodies etc, and very noisy, went for  almost two hrs.

Not a film for young children, too many killing, space ships blown up etc. We  only viewed it because our street was minus  any electric power for the day, what a day for no power ,cold, wet etc so the big shopping centre was lovely and warm.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Betty I thought Valerian was a sedative, something to put you to sleep?!

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Hi Tulip, yes Valerian-Forte is a sleep supplement, but this film name is taken from a comic book series  I believe, have not seen it here at all,[ not that I look at comic books]  probably its in the USA.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Betty, I should have explained my reason for posting re Valerian in the name of the film you went to see because I thought it the very antithesis of the sweetly scented flower. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15