Angry and Sad

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  johnvic 1 year ago. This post has been viewed 396 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

johnvic
    Participant

I have suffered with depression and anxiety for almost twenty years now. If I were asked to describe myself I think two words would sum up my state of mind most of the time; angry and sad. I guess I’m angry at my so called family, the one from my first marriage. All my children have turned their back on me and have done since the marriage breakdown seventeen years ago. I’ve tried with all of them a few times but they have made up their minds. I guess I should point out that two of those children also have little to nothing to do with their mother either. Why am I angry; because of the lies that are being told about me by my children and my ex and the fact I’ve never been given the chance to give my side of the story. I’m sad because I’m in my senior years and I’ve lost so much and will never have the time, money or income to get it back. I know it’s wrong but I can’t help but get envious at younger couples as I see them building and expanding their homes and enjoying the youth of their families. When I think of what I had and look at what I’ve got now and what I can never get back I’m so saddened. I wonder if many other GP’ers are in the same boat?

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

johnvic I am sorry to read of your family relationship breakdown – they happen all the time sadly, and of course, there is two sides to every situation – I hope that your feeling of anger and sadness can be lessened.

johnvic
    Participant

Thanks didi, I fear the pain will last my lifetime or dementia with ever is first.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15