Anonymous

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by jackSprat jackSprat 1 month ago. This post has been viewed 159 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rob
    Participant

Does anyone answer calls that come up as anonymous on the caller ID any more?

My niece persists in using it and I’ve simply given up answering,  because for the most part,   the calls are from “scam” callers.

I’ve also turned off my answering machine,  and the voicemail.

That does seem to have turned off most of the “scam” calls. The call simply rings out and they give up after a few calls.

It has also turned off the calls from my niece.  I know she could put in a code so that I can see her number,  but she refuses to do it.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

We tend to get  very few scam calls but soon as we hear a  silence on the other end  after saying hullo we hang  up knowing its a scam call, also when a  foreign voice answers  we hang up.  Having to pay for caller ID we said no thanks, these days most calls come in on our mobile’s so we are thinking we may disconnect the land line.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

I have a Telstra phone with the small screen denoting the phone number of the caller; I don’t mind the $6 charge per month for this ‘luxury’.
    A friend had a private number for some time but has since had it removed so when Private was showing on the screen I had to answer it but now I don’t.
    All calls I receive on my landline are those whose number I recognise, so if I don’t know the number, I don’t pick the handset up!!

rob
    Participant

I’m on NBN,  FTTP,  and VOIP phone service – with my RSP provider the caller ID comes as part of the package,  as does Voicemail.

I pay $10 per month for having the phone service,  and 10 cents for any call within Australia, even if it goes for up to 3 hours.  That’s  apart from  1300 numbers – they’re charged at 30 cents per call and they’re also  mostly the same almost unlimited time.

I have contacted my RSP, to try to have the Voicemail turned off permanently.

I have noticed a remarkable drop off of the scam calls since I turned off both my answering machine and the Voicemail.  If the phone rings out they seem to view it as a non viable phone number.

jackSprat
    jackSprat
    Participant

If a phone call says “private number” or if I don’t recognise  the number I always let it go to message bank.

Got rid of the landline a few years ago. Only mobile phones for me and M.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15