Another dilemna for our new society.

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums Senate Another dilemna for our new society.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  johnvic 5 days, 1 hour ago. This post has been viewed 430 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Salina
    Participant

Now there is SGM, there is a dilemma for ch10.   They have the Bachelor and The Bachelorette.   Will the next one have to be LBGTQIette?

Or Genderlessette, or Yourchoice of the dayette?

johnvic
    Participant

LGBTQI wants a LGBTQI ?

Salina
    Participant

LBGTQI = Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Gay, Transexual, Queer or Questioning,and Intersex.

pome
    Participant

I think i will stay as i am it is getting too complicating .

bannie
    Participant

Now I feel like a second class citizen being a woman married 55 years to a Man!!!!

johnvic
    Participant

I think it’s strange how society and laws morph over time. Australia followed British law very closely so prior to 1899 the punishment for “buggery” (sodomy) was execution. In 1899 it was reduced from execution to life in prison. Now, just 118 years later new laws have been passed that not only turn a blind eye to acts that were once a crime punishable by death to ones sanctioned by law.Talk about a back flip

Salina
    Participant

“Now I feel like a second class citizen being a woman married 55 years to a Man!!!!”

Never mind, Bannie.  With a bit of time you will become one of the minorities so  beloved by the intellectual elite, and then  you will be  the favourites.   🙂

JJS
    JJS
    Participant

The latest change to the marriage act has nothing to do with SEX as most seem to think! Whether hetero or gay you can have sex Married or not Married!
    The whole change gave the same legal rights as the rest of the population &
    about time. Have a look at one of the most religious Catholic country IRELAND who change the marriage act a few years ago!

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

John you and I ought to emigrate,  soon it  may become compulsary

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15