Ants may take over the World

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums CoffeeHaus Ants may take over the World

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Salina 3 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 164 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

The ant population in my area has increased enormously in past 2 years – maybe the winters have been too mild.
    I checked out their evolution and see they have likely been around for 100 million years (insects in general 500 million years).
    Guess who will take over when mankind finally manages to eliminate itself!

Salina
    Participant

A few years ago, there was a plague of ants in the area and it was like something out of a Hitchcock film. 🙂

I got up one morning to see hundreds on the kitchen bench.   The dogs’ water bowl was black with them, and they were even congregating in the toilet bowl.

I put Ant-rid down everywhere I safely could, and it was actually fascinating to watch these long lines of little creatures appearing from invisible openings, and finding their way to the food source. Took about three weeks to disappear.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

One of our sons who worked at CSIRO  once, when  the subject of ants came up one day he said, Australia is actually one’ huge ant nest’

I can believe it. But maybe its the weather  at present because ants appear   in all sorts of places even the odd one crawling up my arm, or leg and that’s when I haven’t been outside and I’m sitting watching TV, yuck I say and flick them off.  Now and then an odd line in the food cupboard but can never see anything they are attracted to ,even the odd one in the fridge now and then, and the odd one on the bed Yuck again .

Salina
    Participant

If there’s no food around, they may be looking for water.

I’m not exaggerating when I describe the dogs’ water bucket was black with the ants on the inside of the bucket.   Not so bad in the toilet bowl, but definitely there . We’ve had a very dry Spring and Summer.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Salina.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15