Bad Polls For Government

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Tabitha 2 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 230 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Is Malcom going to be tossed out or will he survive??

williamthebold
    Participant

Given the ongoing vagaries of government, the short answer is, none of us know.
    However, I hope Malcolm stays for the present.
    This doesn’t mean I necessarily agree with his approach to how things should be done!
    However, the people voted for a government led by Malcolm at the last election.
    It was only a one vote victory, but a win by an inch is as good as a win by a mile.
    The people voted for him, so Malcolm they should have.
    At least until the next election when change will be possible.
    The people will decide what needs to be done at that time.
    All this mid-term chopping and changing is too much like ‘sleight of hand’.

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

Opinion polls mean that the pollsters have asked questions in an area where they already have a good idea what the answers will be,  there are places  where they are overwhelmingly labor,  other areas where the voters are almost all liberal,  all you need to do to get answers you want is to ask in the right place

williamthebold
    Participant

A very good point Mal.
    One can but wonder if they are strictly ethical in their research.

Salina
    Participant

The governing of Australia has become a popularity contest.

Aside from that, I believe Mr Turnbull made two huge mistakes.   First was the blurting out of the ’30 newspolls etc’.   Secondly he should have called an election immediately while he was riding high.

I too think he should stay…the people are sick of the revolving PM door. and I believe his govt has done some good things, but they have been over run by the  ’30 polls’ nonsense.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

… his govt has done some good things, but they have been over run by the ’30 polls’ nonsense.

Not helped by the white-anting of Tony Abbott and Barnaby Joyce either IMO.

Tabitha
    Participant

Jen,I agree with what you have written.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15