Bananas

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by abirdo abirdo 6 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 337 times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bannie
    Participant

Never to old to learn I now keep my bananas in the fridge instead of going brown in a few days they now keep in perfect condition for a week or so like I say never to old to learn

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

hi bannie, good to see your post – I did not know that about bananas being stored in the frig – I just might try it out 🙂

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

If you wrap each banana dividually in alfoil and place
    in the fridge they stay the same as when you first wrapped
    them. I have kept bananas for upto two weeks like this.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Wow must try this, I usually put my bananas in the fridge when starting to turn brown but obviously that’s far too late, then I wonder why they are still going soft etc, stupid  me, Oh well we can’t all be switched on all the time.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

I will certainly be looking at my bananas lasting longer when I commence this regime; I’ve just put 2 in the freezer for use in a smoothie, cake or muffin 🙂

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

I once tried freezing them and when they came out they looked absolutely perfect but were actually mush! You can however coat them with chocolate before freezing and they make a nice frozen treat for kids.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15