Big days for our little town

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums CoffeeHaus Big days for our little town

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Tulip Tulip 2 months ago. This post has been viewed 155 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

For the next 3 months we have a film crew with many actors in town. The film (at the moment!) is called ‘Rams’ and I think it is about a couple of farmers in conflict. The only actors I recognise are Michael Caton and Sam Neill – probably because they are in their 70’s!
    Hopefully it will mean some financial gains locally as all the available accommodation is booked out and the eateries being well patronised.
    Last year it was Denmark that hosted the filmmaking of one of Tim Winton’s books.
    Of course Albany also enjoys prominence as the departure point for all those Anzacs in World War1. Apart from the Anzac Centre itself, which looks out over King George Sound, there is also this: anzacalbany.com.au/field-of-light/ from now until next Anzac Day.
    It begins to look like the well-kept secret of this beautiful part of Oz is definitely out.

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

Are you in albany then abirdo?  a nice place to be,  The view from the top of that hill is about as close to antarctica as i’ll ever get.  i’ve camped in a tent in denmark several years ago,  tried fishing,  caught a cold,  a scream came from the ladies toilet on the campsite,  a snake on the toilet seat

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Looks like you had an interesting trip Mal! No I’m 50kms north of Albany in Mount Barker and that’s where the film is being made.
    I go to Albany twice a week to the aquatic centre and love that coastline. The visits are great but I’m always glad to leave the city and come home!

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

I was very interested to hear a film of one of West Australian Tim Winton’s books, was made in Albany, as I have read a number of his books & now even before reading your post abirdo,a book from the Biography section at the Library, “the boy behind the curtain”, which I’m looking forward to reading.
    My husband’s niece, who had lived in Perth many years, has told me what a love town Albany is, with it’s very interesting history. I have friend who lives at Esperance, who has to make regular trips to Albany for Medical treatment.

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Hi Tulip. The Tim Winton film made in Denmark was ‘Breath’ released in May this year. Not sure how good it was as its had mixed reviews.
    The quoted description:
    ‘In the 1970s, in a remote corner of the Western Australian coast, two teenage boys, Pikelet and Loonie, are hungry for discovery. The pair form an unlikely friendship with Sando, a mysterious older surfer and adventurer who pushes the boys to take risks that will have a lasting and profound impact on their lives.’

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Interesting abirdo,that the Film Breath, was made in Tim Winton’s own area. His Biography, mentioned in my above post, which I have just finished reading is most interesting.Breath,is one of his earlier books, which I have not yet read.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Made a reservation at the Library for Breath arbirdo,but unfortunately the Film has already been & gone!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15