Bleaching of Food

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by bettym bettym 3 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 127 times

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bettym
    bettym
    Participant

On reading an article about additives in food and the health problems they can cause, reminded me of  other questionable  practices that occur with food. For one did you know that quite a few food items get bleached? Rice is one food that  is  naturally brown  but for some  reason we get a choice of brown or white. (White being bleached.)
    The same with sugar, which is naturally brown.
    Ocean salmon  is pink, but when its farmed it loses that colour so they  inject it with a strong pink dye  so we get the pink salmon that we expect.
    There are quite a  number of  other food products that get coloured or bleached so I wonder what effect it may have our health.

bettym
    bettym
    Participant

I forgot to mention Chickens ! now they  get washed in chloride- thats to rid them of  all sorts of bugs etc , in fact if you read about chickens packed into their cages  and the various things that happen to them re sprays for   all sorts of   illnesses  makes you feel like never eating chicken flesh again.

Makes one determined to just have free range chickens, although  free range is stated on eggs  I have never noticed  free range words on actual chickens you buy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15