Bringing home the bacon’ offensive to vegans

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums Headlines Bringing home the bacon’ offensive to vegans

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  williamthebold 2 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 137 times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Salina
    Participant

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this:

Common phrases like “bring home the bacon” and “put all your eggs in one basket” have been deemed offensive to vegans and vegetarians, who want them replaced with animal-friendly alternatives like “bring home the bagels” and “put all your berries in one bowl”.
    Instead of “kill two birds with one stone” we should say “feed two birds with one scone”. “Take the bull by the horns” should become “take the flower by the thorns”. No longer should we “beat a dead horse” but instead “feed a fed horse”. And rather than “let the cat out of the bag”, we should simply “spill the beans”.

Link

gblewis
    Participant

For heavens sake its getting ridiculous I think, don’t these people have any thing else to do with their lives but to sit and think up these  stupid thoughts, those sayings have always just been thought of as funny and I bet no one has ever thought they were any thing else but. ‘Bring home the Bagels’ ugh I never eat Bagels’,Put all your berries in one basket’, how stupid, the others are just as bad, these silly folk should get a  meaningful  life!!!

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

ludicrous isn’t it,  it’s my opinion that the vegans,  politically correct mob and greenies are from a different planet

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

JJS
    JJS
    Participant

HMM!  what a lot of crap!!!

For the vegans: What a lot of vegan POO!

williamthebold
    Participant

I am not sure whether to be appalled or amused by all this nonsense.
    If these bleating remonstrations are all that those ‘corrective’ people have to occupy their minds, they are wasting their time, and not getting full value from their days?
    People are people, and have been engaging in a multitude of ‘errant’ phrases to counteract the serious part of living, for as long as history has been written, and far beyond that, I am sure.
    I think it was Ian Fleming who commented that a man cannot get through the day without a healthy ‘sprinkling’ of swear words, and other expressions, that I am quite sure my great aunt Maude would consider to be (highly) unfortunate.
    I have not noticed (recently) any overwhelming cloud made up of profanity, or other similar utterance, about to swirl over the community, and envelop us all in a cloak of impenetrable darkness, to our long term detriment.
    So I think all we politically (un)correct, (un)thoughtful, undesirable, uncouth, ^_^ and absolutely normal people can breath a sigh of relief, and just go on being relentlessly offensive I suppose.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15