Cataracts

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by bettyh Vic bettyh Vic 2 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 453 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

This week was D.day for Cataract removal left eye  No problems as yet apart from one lovely black eye . I dont recall ever having so many drops in my eye before,also the paper work at the hospital was incredible with me signing  numerous paper work then having to check that was my signature . Many folk at the Eye & Ear hospital, I had quite a long wait  but the actual procedure was quick.  I can already notice a difference in outdoors viewing but will still need glasses for reading, I have arranged for my other eye to be done  end of May. The best bit was the cup of tea, and ham sandwich at about 4pm after nothing to eat since 8am.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Good on you BettyH … all the best for your recovery.

Something to cheer you up … I hope … I thought it was funny.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Ha Ha Jen, I thought it really appropriate , You are such a clever girl, always  manage to  find the appropriate  cartoon for  each and every situation . Thank you.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

The one thing now annoying me- is where have I left my glasses?? I still need glasses just for reading,  will see what happens when the right eye is  operated on the 30th May. The vision in so clear in my left eye I  can see all sorts of things I didnt  notice before, like spots and colors

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Great news BettyH. Best wishes for the right eye op.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

bannie, my good wishes are sent your way for your 2nd cataract surgery on May 30; glad your that you’re getting lovely results from your first cataract removal 🙂

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Next week is  cataract operation time for the right eye, thank goodness.   It is off putting with one clear eye and the other all fuzzy , then I can get some new glasses just for reading, and maybe I will be able to find my glasses when needed, this off with glasses, on with glasses for reading, is quite irritating.

I dont need  glasses now when just walking around

Salina
    Participant

Good wishes to both of you.   My cataracts were done about 15 years ago, and it’s really nice to see colours so bright and be able to read street signs from a distance. 🙂

In my case, I still wear glasses as the surgeon explained at the time, because I’ve worn glasses all my life, the eyes would not adapt to being completely without. However, I see very well around the house, without them, but need them for driving, for example.

It would probably be different now, as technology advances fairly quickly.

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Yes the surgeon corrected my extreme shortsightedness with the new lenses he put in. When my second eye was done I was absolutely amazed at the 3D vision which I had obviously not had for years.
    Hope all goes well Betty.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15