Cataracts

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by bettyh Vic bettyh Vic 2 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 454 times

Viewing 5 posts - 10 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    malmather
    malmather
    Participant

Betty,  you will be fine,  cataract surgery is commonplace nowadays,  and practically guaranteed succesful.  it’s easy,  painless and hardly takes any time at all,  you won’t even be unconcious,  it isn’t needed,  I had both my eyes done about 12 years ago,  it was simple,  and even simpler now.  Just one thing,  be prepared for a surprise when you look in a mirror

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Many thanks everyone re my eyes, and yes Mal I got a shock when first looking in mirror after left eye done Mmm look at all those spots on my arms, oh gosh that op left me  looking like I’m at least a hundred yrs old.   I never looked like that before did I, I asked my husband,  he diplomatically said – you don’t look any different to me !!~ not sure what that meant ??

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

bettyh,  you had your final cataract removed four days ago,  now you should be able to see clearly  for the first time in years,   congratulations.

when i had the last of the two done i could see myself in the mirror properly i realised that evolution was true,  i saw the lines and bags i knew i had turned into a bloodhound

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Funny how quickly that happens Mal – immediately post cataract. Obviously I come from a long line of Shar-Peis.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Yes I agree re the clear sight, sometimes I am not sure if I am happy seeing myself as I really look to all, I was a happy little vegemite before. One annoying thing though I  still have to have  glasses for close reading, where are my glasses I would call out, solved that by having a pair of glasses in all my reading spots.

Apparently Australia has standards on their lenses that all the shops selling glasses has to  adhere to, so I can  have my four pairs of glasses  and only pay about four Dollars each for them from the cheapo shop.

Viewing 5 posts - 10 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15