Contrast between countries.

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums Senate Contrast between countries.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Salina 3 weeks, 4 days ago. This post has been viewed 86 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Salina
    Participant

A friend has just returned from a holiday in Japan.    She told how polite everyone is, how clean it is…she described the “bullet” train which travels at 300 miles an hour, yet so smooth and quiet.   People are not allowed to use mobile phones, or eat on the train.   In fact mobile phone use in public is frowned on, unless one can remove oneself to a quiet corner.   The trains are always on time.        On the freeways and roads, they never heard one car horn, and very few accidents occur.      Everyone is nicely dressed and everyones’ shoes are shiny!!  There are no rubbish bins in the city, and not a speck of rubbish on the ground.

The  contrast between her description of Japan, and here in Australia  (especially Melbourne) is stark.

The daily bashings, and aggravated burglaries and assaults.

Melbournes’ Myki schmozzle.   <span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: transparent; color: #333333; font-family: Georgia,’Times New Roman’,’Bitstream Charter’,Times,serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 24px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;”>Rubbish thrown anywhere, overflowing bins.</span>

People walking and staring at their mobile, while they walk into people, nearly knocking them over, and still not even looking up.

It sounded so different .

Tedwalker
    Tedwalker
    Participant

It certainly sounds better Salina, but I don’t like our chances of ever becoming that good.

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

So glad Japan has remained as I saw it in 1977. It can be done but requires training from birth I think!

Salina
    Participant

I don’t know why my post is so messed up, but I think you get the general message of my post.

Tedwalker and abirdo, I think you may be right.  I think we are a too laid back kind of people.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15