Cucumber water

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by didi - VIC didi – VIC 1 year, 4 months ago. This post has been viewed 607 times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tivolidreamer
    Participant

You know those ever popular potato peelers, the ones I seem to be constantly losing lol. Generously make strips of cucumber and put in a glass jug. It looks quite pretty. Fill with cold water and chill. A glass jug is best as it does look cool and refreshing. Indeed cool as a cucumber. Add ice. This is lovely with dinner or another cold drink.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

thanks Tiv you’ve inspired me to investigate the cucumber water; I like cucumber but dislike it when it goes soft before I’m ready for it to do so!!!

tivolidreamer
    Participant

Heres one you might like. Not original though.
    Dutch cucumber salad. I cucumber peel and then thinly slice ..paper thin. Use a mandolin. Lol i think I have the wrong word. You know those utensils that slice vegies really thin. Dont cut our finger.
    Put in bowl and generously sprinkle with sugar.
    Add slurp of olive oil
    White vinegar.
    Must be white vinegar. Chill and serve,

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

thankyou Tiv for providing this recipe – I shall keep it in mind when I purchase my next cucumber. I have had such a vegetable slicer but it became vicious on too many occasions so it went to ??? I have a cheese slicer so that might be a goer!!

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

I just did pickled cucumber , Wow wee was it ever hot, well for me that is, I think too much chilli powder mixed in, I have drained off all the liquid and poured in just plain apple cider vinegar its still too hot , have  rinsed the cucumber slices, [ I am surprised they are still in one piece]  any suggestions on how to  dilute the hot hot  or do I throw them out and start again,?

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

if it was me betty I’d be finding another brand of less ‘hhhooottt’ pickled cucumber (actually, if it was me I’d not be buying it in the first place as I’m a no goer of chilli) 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15