Daughter moved house but we are staying put

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums CoffeeHaus Daughter moved house but we are staying put

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Salina 1 year, 9 months ago. This post has been viewed 458 times

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jackSprat
    Keymaster

We spent last weekend helping our middle daughter move into a new unit. It happens every few years (we have four children) so we’ve had a bit of practice over the years.

It went pretty well, all things considered. I didn’t have to do the unpacking; that is a task I find very tedious. We had the use of a ute to carry the big stuff – much better than a trailer.

Our daughter has recently changed jobs (within the hospitality industry) so it’s all of a bit of a new start for her. She had been working in the city and the commute to early morning starts was taking it s toll. Now working locally and less than 10 minutes to work.

After some extensive research, and a few field trips, M and I have decided to stay put for a few more years. We been in our present home for 30 years and while it is a big place it fits us like a favourite shoe.

The town is growing up around us and all of our social connections are here. We are spending more time in the garden and maybe getting things ship-shape at last. We have re-furbished and re-arranged the kitchen.

Salina
    Participant

Having moved house three times, this last one I got professionals in.   They packed up, and unpacked at the new place.   I did lose a couple of things though, so I’d suggest a list of everything as they pack.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15