Do You Shop at Aldi?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Abbey NSW Abbey NSW 3 weeks, 5 days ago. This post has been viewed 415 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant
    Tedwalker
    Tedwalker
    Participant

Wow abirdo, that’s an eye opener.
    Dick Smith’s comments make sense, but I can’t see his suggestions being followed by many.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

No, I don’t shop at Aldi(even though on the coast there are 2 Aldi stores)However last Monday, outside Coles,where I had been doing a weekly shop, there was a young man standing by a car near me, he was a pleasant courteous young man who opened the door for me.I was surprised to see an ALDI badge on his shirt & asked if he worked at Aldi,yes he did (now this Coles store is miles from any Aldi store, I couldn’t think of the nearest one from where he worked !)He offered the information, that he was at Coles(he obviously had brought a person, not wearing an Aldi badge who I bought a packet of Cornflakes, it was only on arriving home, I noticed those Cornflakes came from Germany, I was horrified because I realised the hurt this could cause Australian farmers,incidentally the C’flakes were 10 cents cheaper!

rob
    Participant

I’ve looked in Aldi a couple of times,  intending to do some shopping there,  but I couldn’t find most of the things I wanted to buy, so left and did the complete shopping list at Woolies.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Seems I should have checked my post before posting!
    What I meant to post, the young man volunteered the information, his reason for being at Coles, was to buy things that Aldi didn’t sell!
    Also, my negativity re Aldi,I once bought a packet of Cornflakes there & after arriving discovered the Cornflakes came from Germany, not Australia. I thought the hurt this could cause to our farmers.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Speaking of Cornflakes … Choice has an interesting table re Breakfast Cereal … health value and origin etc. at (you’ll need to scroll down for details):

https://www.choice.com.au/food-and-drink/bread-cereal-and-grains/cereal-and-muesli/articles/breakfast-cereal-review

yam
    Participant

Dont forget that Dick Smith got all his stock from Japan for his shops no Australia goods.

He also wiped out Tandy shops.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

I notice that Dick Smith’s cereal is the only cereal owned & grown in Australia

Salina
    Participant

Yam, Tandy is sure a name out of the past.

I googled it and they were apparently bought up by Woolworths.

Even his(Dick Smith) own stores have disappeared now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15