ethiopian evangelist

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  williamthebold 4 months ago. This post has been viewed 279 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    malmather
    malmather
    Participant

in a newsletter today from the victor harbor church of Christ is a report of a pregnant  evangelists wife in ethiopia,  she was attacked by several men  who knocked her down and jumped on her,  she is now in hospital and will be there for some weeks,  her unborn child is dead.  in melbourne ethiopian gangs are attacking anyone,  breaking into houses and demanding money and the keys to cars,  they are entering shops full of people terrifying the shoppers,  still,  lets not offend them it’s just that their culture is different to ours and we should be tolerant

williamthebold
    Participant

Mal: I wrote a few lines, but didn’t post them.
    I was hoping others would swamp you with responses.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

A few days ago we passed a church, which had a large sign, “Muslims New Zealand, Christians Nigeria!”

williamthebold
    Participant

Mal, we are fortunate we live in an affluent society.
    If we had very little of anything, desperation might take over.
    Then civilised behaviour might not exist here.
    We might be even worse than many other places are?
    But in the past, our own society was strong and progressive.
    It pulled itself up by its own bootstraps over many generations.
    This required intelligent planning and hard work.
    Are all other places capable of doing the same I wonder?

We can sympathise with others’ difficulties, but there is a limit to how much we can help them.
    They must learn to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.
    They must set about saving themselves.
    Giving them money will not solve the problem.
    It is the old story of ‘we cannot live their lives for them’.
    We can show them how, but they must do the rest.
    We should send material assistance when urgent matters arise.
    Such as critical health concerns and unusual damage to infrastructure caused by severe weather.
    We would appreciate similar help from affluent countries if we had a major crisis here.

I wonder why some other places have not progressed to a more stable state of living?
    They haven’t, so their societies endure rampant unrest.
    The innocent are likely to suffer still more unless changes are made at a government level.
    It is extremely saddening to hear about the harm innocent persons are experiencing.
    But there is very little we can do if their societies won’t help themselves.
    There are other factors of course, but in the end it all comes down to the people needing to make plans.
    They must plan for today, for the next month, and for the years ahead, then just get on with it.
    Plenty of advice, and even help, should be available to them so they can make rapid progress.
    But they are the ones who must do it.

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

william,  what has your post got to do with a gang attack on a defenceless pregnant woman,  and the murder of her unborn child,  that attack is just an indication of the evil of islam

williamthebold
    Participant

Mal, I am sorry if I was a bit too obtuse in my previous post.
    You might have noticed I am not too specific in my responses.
    My comments tend to relate to circumstances surrounding a situation.
    I don’t want to ‘stir the fire’ too much.

However, you mention Islam.
    That might seem to be the ‘reason’, but I don’t think we should condemn moderate Islam.
    Instead, we should condemn the aggressive act.
    We need to get things in the right order.
    We need to have the horse before the cart.

There are many persons who are capable of these acts of extreme violence and gross indecency.
    Generally speaking, they are persons with a limited understanding of civilised life.
    They are also without conscience, and can be motivated by seemingly insignificant things.
    They are predisposed to act instinctively rather than thoughtfully.
    It is their poorly controlled instinctive behaviour which is the real problem.

Whatever triggers that behaviour is secondary to the matter.
    Almost anything can be used as a ‘reason’.
    In this case the ‘reason’ is thought to be religion?
    In different circumstances, it could well be something else?
    So we do need to get things in the right order.
    We need to condemn the aggressive act first.
    That is where the primary emphasis should be.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

There are many persons who are capable of these acts of extreme violence and gross indecency. Generally speaking, they are persons with a limited understanding of civilised life.

Have to agree with ‘There are many persons who are capable of these acts of extreme violence and gross indecency’, BUT, as for ‘Generally speaking, they are persons with a limited understanding of civilised life’, can’t agree.

Don’t think understanding means anything to those who choose extreme violence … they do so because they want to IMO, despite their education/social and cultural ‘understandings’.

They just don’t care about their targets IMO … I want/I can/I do … and they do on so many occasions from what I’ve read about domestic, social and political violence.

Agree re ‘We need to condemn the aggressive act first.
    That is where the primary emphasis should be.’

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

In today’s Courier Mail, the Halal butcher who killed his baby girl minutes after birth, also cut up her body, now having served his time has now been deported!
    When in gaol Maryborough he complained re not getting Halal food, was awarded $3000 from the government. In P A Hospital more complaints &also offered pork there!

williamthebold
    Participant

Tulip, thank you for your comments.
    Please don’t stop writing them.
    But I have to admit to you that I find it somewhat difficult to contemplate some of the horrific acts done in our society at this time.
    However, I consider that, as a grandfather, I must keep myself well informed on ALL that is happening around me.
    But still, I think that almost all grandfathers, and grandmothers as well, might find some difficulty reading the detail in some news reports.
    We will just need to keep a stiff upper lip? (above a trembling lower jaw?) ^_^

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15