Expensive sheep dog

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Salina 2 months ago. This post has been viewed 151 times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Salina
    Participant

Reading a story this morning on a kelpie which sold for $22,000, reminds me of a program which used to air on Sat afternoon, and they televised sheep dog trials.   It was fascinating to watch those dogs round up the sheep from commands that were short and sharp, yet the dogs knew exactly what to do.   Shame it’s not on anymore.

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

Salina I used to watch that programme as well,  as you say it’s fascnating,  I saw it once “live” at Mount Compass show,  the dogs don’t even seem to need the farmer,

Salina
    Participant

Mal, do you remember what the program was called?   It might be on the net.

Yes, those dogs were incredible.   I sometimes think we’ll never know the full extent of dogs’ intelligence.  The guide dogs and now therapy dogs.  There’s even been a story or two, of dogs warning of certain illnesses, before any outward signs.

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

Sorry Salina,  I can’t remember the programmes name it might be able to find out though,  I’ll try,   dogs also do wonders for people whose husband/wife has died,  they too have the sense of loss,  but they will comfort their owner who they seem to realise is in semi-shock,

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

Salina,  One man and his dog,  a BBC programme,   probably got taken off the BBC because there is “Man” in the title lol

Salina
    Participant

“”because there is “Man” in the title lol””    🙂

Thanks anyway, Mal. it’s like so much of what used to be decent tv, that has disappeared from our screens.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15