Feeling tired of it all

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by abirdo abirdo 7 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 236 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gblewis
    Participant

Apart from feeling  pooped because just too busy these days, I am tired of the news on TV, papers, etc, its all crime, corruption, murders, car accidents,bashings, sexual harassment, domestic violence ,overseas riots, terrorists and so on. There are some really lovely interesting things that happen  in Australia and this world, but do the media ever mention them NO( well very seldom), the things I mentioned are what sells as far as the media is concerned.

I heard the other day on the radio Australia  has held the water speed record (re racing boats)  for 40 yrs now who would know of that?  not many I bet.   Occasionally you do hear of many lovely things that our young people  get up to but  does the general public get told ( no )we only hear the nasty things they have been up to.  The Politicians are not much better they drone on about things that the public are not much interested in.

Lets hope the New Year will  offer  us some really inspiring thoughts and actions we can engage in, and try  to forget about the nasty things happening in this world.

Salina
    Participant

I agree the media does focus on sad/bad/serious stuff, and it can be a little bit of a downer sometimes to watch the evening news.

Nevertheless, I don’t think it’s realistic to bury our heads in the sand and ignore what’s going on in the world or our own country.   We have to make decisions often, on what is happening around us.

But, we can at the same time do what you have done, Betty, and find good and happy stuff to balance out our minds.

I reckon the majority of our younger generations are fantastic,   They are thoughtful, kind and generous, in my book.   I’ve noticed particularly since I’ve started to use a walking frame six months ago…..  they are just gorgeous, and rush to open  doors etc.

The few who have decided to live their lives against moral codes or the law are in the minority.

Beatrice
    Beatrice
    Participant

The few who have decided to live their lives against moral codes or the law are in the minority…….and it was ever thus.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

I reckon the majority of our younger generations are fantastic, They are thoughtful, kind and generous, in my book.

Totally agree Salina.

And a source of so much fun and ‘joie de vivre’ in my experience. For example, have just returned from a visit to the doctor in my small local shopping centre. Whilst there:
    • Had a ridiculously funny exchange with the nurse I know well by now about the ‘festive season’ mayhem and what to buy the rellies
    • Caught up with the doctor’s receptionist and exchanged ‘how tos’ on buying Christmas charms for bead bracelets we have, very productive and funny.

Next door in Woolies:
    • Caught up with one of my favourite checkout young mums and heard about her disastrous visit to Santa for photos, the helper elves were stressed and out of it and a little rude. We cracked up at the fact her little daughter cried throughout and the ‘joys of Christmas Spirit’.

Next door again, caught up with two of my favourite young blokes serving there and had a very funny conversation about ‘grumpy clients at Christmas’. So funny.

Such an enjoyable outing due to the pleasantries of the ‘younger than me’ … loved it.

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Ever noticed that young girl in her twenties who starts to talk about her daughter getting married??! Did we really look like that in our forties?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15