Fence tortoise

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by   5 years, 6 months ago. This post has been viewed 885 times

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;”> This may come back to haunt me…..Eh Slapsy.</span>
    <p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; line-height: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;”><span lang=”EN-GB” style=”color: black; font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-AU;”>While stitching a cut on the hand of a 75 year old farmer, whose hand was caught in the squeeze gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man.     </span></p>

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; line-height: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;”><span lang=”EN-GB” style=”color: black; font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-AU;”>
    Eventually the topic got around to politicians and their role as our leaders.

The old farmer said, “Well, as I see it, most politicians are a ‘Post Tortoise’.”

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a ‘post tortoise’ was.

The old farmer said, “When you’re driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a tortoise balanced on top, that’s a post tortoise.”

The old farmer saw the puzzled look on the doctor’s face so he continued to explain.</span></p>

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; line-height: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;”><span lang=”EN-GB” style=”color: black; font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-AU;”>
    “You know he didn’t get up there by himself,</span></p>

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; line-height: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;”><span lang=”EN-GB” style=”color: black; font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-AU;”>he doesn’t belong up there,
    he doesn’t know what to do while he’s up there,</span></p>

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; line-height: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;”><span lang=”EN-GB” style=”color: black; font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-AU;”>he’s elevated beyond his ability to function
    and you just wonder what kind of dumb-arse put him up there to begin with.”

<b><i>Best explanation of a politician I’ve ever heard.   </i></b></span></p>

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; line-height: normal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;”><span lang=”EN-GB” style=”color: black; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’,’serif’; font-size: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-AU;”> </span></p>

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;”> </span></p>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15