Floating Floor damage. (scratch)

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums Top Tips Floating Floor damage. (scratch)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Timetrvlr Timetrvlr 3 months, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 528 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Salina
    Participant

Has anyone got advice on how to treat a light scratch on the floating floor please?
    I’ve polished it with Marveer for now, but would be grateful to hear of something more permanent.

Salina
    Participant

I’ve found a couple of products that may do the trick.
    The only other alternative, apparently, is to redo the whole area!
    As it’s only a small, light scratch, I’ll try these products.
    One is Orange Oil, another, Gilly Stephensons Waxes and polishes.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

good luck with your floor issue, Salina – is possible scratching going to be an ongoing thing for you?

Salina
    Participant

No, didi. I have council home help, and I think he must have been a bit careless with the mop or something.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

I’ve read you can use a wax crayon to fill light scratches. Fill the scratch and carefully polish off any residue with floor polish. Most children’s crayon ranges have a variety of browns.

Salina
    Participant

Thanks Jen, I did see that, but I’m looking for something more permanent.

To Didi:
    I misunderstood your query whether it would be ongoing. From all the googling and talking to tradies, it seems it would be ongoing, as the only way to fix it is to resand and repolish the floor. I won’t be doing that as it is only a small scratch.

Thanks for the interest.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

Salina, thank you for your comment – sorry to know that to remove the scratches the floor would need resanding and repolishing and yes, one wouldn’t want to be considering that many times in the life of the flooring – best wishes 🙂

EnergeticEssence
    EnergeticEssence
    Participant

Very dicy resanding the floor,is really too thin to do that..is not solid timber as in a timber floor..is just a veneer really!

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Nice to see a post from you’ Energetic Essence’ its a long long time since you have been here on Greypath!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15