Floating Floor damage. (scratch)

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums Top Tips Floating Floor damage. (scratch)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Timetrvlr Timetrvlr 3 months, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 527 times

Viewing 5 posts - 10 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Salina
    Participant

Update
    The scratch was a very light one. I found a very old bottle of Marveer and have been applying it regularly. It doesn’t get rid of the scratch, but camouflages the mark somewhat, so is barely noticeable.
    Marveer was a great product which is not made anymore.
    Just as a sidebar note….when I was talking to one of the hardware shop men, it turned out he worked for many years at the Marveer factory, and was delighted when I told him I have this old bottle.
    Yes Energetic Essence I was very unhappy when re-sanding was mentioned.
    Thanks for your interest.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

Salina thanks for the update on your floor scratch – good to now you solved the problem with MARVEER – I too have bottle of it although I don’t have any use for it these days – not sure why!!!

AHA I’ve just thought of where I could use it – the wooden step at the front door – it always looks like it needs a sprucing up so that could get the MARVEER out of the garage and onto the step 🙂

I’ll be interested to see how much difference it makes to the look of the step.

Salina
    Participant

Didi, I’m not sure if the Marveer would be suitable for an outdoor step. I had some wooden steps (3) built at my back door, and the guys have recommended having them stained with proper outdoor stuff which will protect them from the rain. I suppose Marveer wouldn’t do any harm. Let us know.

Salina
    Participant

To Energetic Essence
    Thanks for your earlier advice.
    I now have the problem of trolley wheel marks on the floating floor, from the man delivering my new frig.
    Any ideas please”

Timetrvlr
    Timetrvlr
    Participant

I can’t help you with the marks already made but I do have a suggestion for preventing future marks and scratches when moving heavy appliances around. Your hard ware store should have some form of appliance slides, white Teflon discs that cup the appliance rollers or feet and spread the weight out over a larger area. They provide a very slick bottom surface that makes moving appliances a breeze and won’t mark your floors.

Viewing 5 posts - 10 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15