Floods Catastrophe

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  rob 1 year ago. This post has been viewed 631 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tedwalker
    Tedwalker
    Participant

I feel sorry for those people in North Queensland, many of whom have lost everything.
    It would be hard to recover.
    And it isn’t over yet.
    Such an extraordinary event is surely associated with climate change.

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Just awful Tedwalker. Tulip and I have been discussing it on another GreyPath topic (with links to latest updates) at

One-in-100-year deluge as 2 metres of rain NQ

http://greypath.com.au/forums/topic/one-in-100-year-deluge-as-2-metres-of-rain-nq/

Each day for a week I’ve been regularly checking the BOM radar for Townsville and it always looks like the latest shot taken just now. Quite amazing … really feel for those affected.

Salina
    Participant

Down here in Victoria, and Tasmania,  there are bushfires..some out of control.   Would love some of that excess rain. Hope everyone is ok both up North and down South.

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

some time ago there was a lady on here who lived in townsville,  i don’t know where she is now,  but i hope she is safe,  she was an older woman and i think she lived alone

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Yes Mal I do recall that a greypath member lived in Townsville. I thought the reason she was living there, her husband was living there when she married him.

bettym
    bettym
    Participant

Pity they cant channel all that water down into the Murray/Darling river system.

rob
    Participant

The only two people to die,  so far,  were those who were trying to rob a liquor store.

Did they deserve to die while avoiding the police,  by diving into the flood waters,   or could they have survived and been punished for their infraction of the law?

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Rob, Unfortunately your comment re “only two people to die, so far,” is not true, as one lady has died from Melioidosis and I believe eight other people have been diagnosed. This illness has ben caused by the Townsville Floods Catastrophe.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

There are now several sufferers from Melioidosis in Intensive care in Townsville Hospital. A serious illness caused by bacteria in the soil.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15