Flu shots

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Jen Jen 1 week, 1 day ago. This post has been viewed 113 times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bettym
    bettym
    Participant

Just had my flu shot yesterday, over the years I have had many flu shots and have never had any problems. The Dr at the medical centre ( free shots for pensioners) was horrified when I said about several ladies I had heard speaking about  getting these flu shots and they had said no way were they going to get one. Hearing of the many people  and children who have come down with the flu this year I agree its important to get vaccinated. In fact if anyone sneezes near me I always cover my nose, the number of germs in a single sneeze is  just incredible and one doesn’t know what germs might decide to migrate to a human near them.

Salina
    Participant

betty m, I have been getting the flu shots for many years.   I’ve never had the flu.    But like you, I’m extremely wary of others’ sniffling etc.    Even sitting in a doctors’ waiting room in Winter I’m cautious where I sit.

williamthebold
    Participant

For probably fifteen or so years, I have been having the yearly ‘flu-shot’.
    Each time it is followed by mild doses of flu, one after the other.
    These can extend over two or more months.
    Better than having the real thing though.
    I am wondering if others suffer the same result?

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

I’ve never had any ill effects the years I have had flu shots. I think one should avoid a doctor’s waiting room if at all possible as it must be the worst place for catching unwanted bugs. Its ironic that working people have to attend there to get their proof of illness to be off work. I recall having mumps at the age of 19 and having to sit in a waiting room full of people to get my certificate. This definitely should change somehow.

bettym
    bettym
    Participant

Getting the flu shot at the doctors means its free if a senior, and the flu shots are usually given in a different room to the dr’s waiting area. I know you can get it at the chemist’s but you have to pay and the price varies I have seen it advertised usually starting at $12.00 up to $19.00 wow!

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Always have mine at the doctor’s centre with no ill effects.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15