Funerals

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Salina 4 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 216 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Having had to attend 2 funerals recently, (connected to the family) its interesting  to see how  the dress code has changed.Once it was always , dresses  with coats, or suits for ladies always  in black,   always suits for men, hats bags etc.

These days  although most do   dress nicely  a few are still in  black, there are always a few who look as if they have come from the beach. One funeral we were at this week, a well groomed girl looked as if she was going to a  cocktail party, completely backless down to her waist  and although a  black dress,  I thought  the bare back not quite right  and not the dress to wear to a funeral. Most men were still in either their suits or jackets but no ties is very common these days. ( a few men the young ones were casual  in what they wore)

.The variety of colored  dresses and slacks on the ladies is amazing. But then I guess it does not really matter these days,  a lot of these old traditions we seniors know and remember are fast disappearing.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Betty,it isn’t unusual to see in a Funeral notice , a request for “Bright Colours’ or a certain colour.

Salina
    Participant

Nowadays a life is celebrated rather than a death mourned.   I do like that change.   Videos of the persons’  life are shown.  Friends and family stand up and tell anecdotes, often funny.  Much easier to attend funerals these days, I feel.

A backless dress is a bit much almost anywhere.  Ha ha.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15