Hip replacement surgery

This topic contains 37 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Rachel Rachel 1 year ago. This post has been viewed 1971 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

My GP says it’s time for surgery. Has anyone had hip surgery.
    I’m not looking forward to the recovery time but the pain is getting the better of me somedays so it will be nice not to have that.

Jennywren-vic
    Jennywren-vic
    Participant

I have not had it Rachel but I have quite a few friends who have had it. Afterwards their comments have been they don,t know why they waited so long. I am astounded how quickly they recover and I have never heard one who said they wish they did not have it. Good luck to You for a pain free future and a happy New Year

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Hi Rachel, Yes I have had hip surgery -the end of 2014. No problems at all.
    But I think some people have different results for such surgery.  The only thing I found difficult was having to sleep on my back for  approx 8 weeks- one  week in hospital -one in rehab then six weeks at home.

I have never been able to sleep on my back and my sleep pattern was thrown  out. l still  have difficulties with sleeping. But re the operation, no problems. Yes no pain is terrific.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by bettyh Vic bettyh Vic.
    Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Thank you ladies.
    I to am a side sleeper so that’s going to be an issue. However it has to be done to improve my pain and mobility.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

Rachel, I know a few folk who have had hip replacement surgery and those who did all that was asked of them during the rehab stage did very well.
    My 83year old neighbour had her left hip done some years ago and she can get down on her knees to garden and get up without any problem. She has often said she can only do what she does because she obeyed the surgeon’s instructions to the letter (she is a former Primary Schoolteacher).
    I wish you all the very best for your surgery and recovery.

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Thank you
    I have a friend who didn’t follow medical advice and now 12 months later is still in pain.
    I know now that I should have gone to see a surgeon earlier but the pain and mobility were managable and almost overnight it all went downhill.
    However unlike some people I do have a leg to complain about so for that I am grateful.
    I will most certainly follow all my instructions to the letter to get back on my feet, get mobile , be free from pain and to go walking again for longer than 15 minutes. I miss my morning walks.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

Rachel, it’s lovely that our comments have made your impending surgery and recovery seem more tolerable – best wishes 🙂

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Yes Rachel –  lets us know when the surgery is  scheduled ?  and we  can all send best wishes to you  for a trouble free recovery.

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Thankyou
    I have an appointment to see the surgeon next month
    Watch this space

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15