Hip replacement surgery

This topic contains 37 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Rachel Rachel 1 year, 3 months ago. This post has been viewed 2135 times

Viewing 9 posts - 10 through 18 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

hello Rachel, good to know your appointment is not too far away now 🙂

bannie
    Participant

Rachel there is a lady at my weight loss club she had a hip replacement on 2 December has done rehab and is now allowed to drive so she went very well.

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Bannie that sounds good , thank you.

Dusty WA
    Dusty WA
    Participant

Hi Rachel, I had a hip done in 1999,and now ,18 years later,I have had no trouble at all with it.I had a great surgeon,a Mr Collopy ,followed his orders to the letter and so pleased with the result  I believe the after care has changed over the years  ,but If I had to have the other one done ,I would still do what he instructed  me to with the first one

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

21st March is the day. I am still in shock at getting an op done so fast as I am a public patient.
    My surgeon is a lovely man, kind and caring. I have no worries about putting my hip in his hands.
    My other hip has arthritis in it so will eventually be needing that done as well.
    I am scared and excited all at the same time. It will be so lovely to not have this constant pain all the way down to my foot and to be able to walk distances again. To not limp nor to take pain killers daily.
    I am looking at it as a new start.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

Rachel, your surgery date will go quickly now that you know when you’re having a new hip inserted – every good wish – do exactly as the Drs. and therapists say and you should be like new 🙂

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

All the best Rachel. Hope all goes really well and you are up and about pain free ASAP.

Flowers in anticipation.

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes.
    I will let you know how I go.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Hi Rachael Best Wishes for your OP. All will be ok just relax and do as your surgeon says and hospital staff, especially in rehab, and you will be running around the place sooner than you expect. With  No Pain

Viewing 9 posts - 10 through 18 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15