Hip replacement surgery

This topic contains 37 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Rachel Rachel 1 year, 3 months ago. This post has been viewed 2133 times

Viewing 9 posts - 19 through 27 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

hello Rachel, I’ve remembered your surgery was this week and I find out it was panned for today – March 21 – I hope by the time you read this message you are well and truly through the operation OK and doing what the Drs. and nurses say!!
    Best wishes for a good recovery 🙂

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Good remembering Didi. Best wishes from me too Rachel … all the best.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

oh Jen what a beautiful post for Rachel – today’s date has been running through my head today and there it was – Rachel’s surgery day 🙂

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

LOL Didi … March 21 was certainly a ‘day of days’ !!

• World Puppetry Day
    • Harmony Day (Australia)
    • International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
    • International Day of Forests
    • International Colour Day
    • World Down Syndrome Day
    • World Poetry Day

And of course Rachel’s Surgery Day.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

thanks Jen for the list – I’ll have to work out which one I’ll remember for 2018 – I know, 1st anniversary of Rachel’s new hip and because my great-nephew will be celebrating World Down Syndrome Day, I will too 🙂

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely wishes. I came home yesterday and I am slowly getting around on crutches with the help of lot’s of medication.
    My surgeon says all went well. I am starting in home physio next Monday and have exercises to do.
    The new SJOG Midland public hospital is beautiful. The food is great. Everyone was so nice and friendly to me. The nurses are understaffed and overworked but always managed a smile, a few words and a laugh with me.
    I could not have done this without my family around me to help in every way.
    I will update my progress .
    Thank you again for your good wishes.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

hello Rachel, lovely to read all went well with your surgery; I trust your rehab will do the same – best wishes 🙂

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

I also have been wondering how Rachel was going ,  and am pleased to hear all is well.  Rachel sorry to be so late in posting good wishes, and really happy to hear all went well for you,  as we all said it would. Hope you are coping with that ‘on your back sleeping’

These days I don’t get to my computer so often so miss hearing all greypath news as it happens and when it happens.

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Two weeks today since my op. I have graduated to one crutch and I am doing all the exercises three times a day. Operated leg has swollen but physio advised propping my leg up on pillows for 45 minutes to ease the swelling.
    I am slowly coming off the medication which I am happy to do. I don’t like the idea of taking pills that are addictive.
    Off to see my surgeon on Thursday.
    Bettyh I have an electric bed so am able to have the head raised slightly which helps with sleeping on my back. I am looking forward to being able to roll over on my side any time I like.
    I have abandoned the hospital chair as by bedtime my backside and lower back were sore even though I wasn’t in it that long. Like sitting on cement.
    In an armchair now sitting on pillows and still keeping my hips higher than my knees. Not sure why this is but trying to do the right thing.
    So all is going well.

Viewing 9 posts - 19 through 27 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15