Hip replacement surgery

This topic contains 37 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Rachel Rachel 1 year ago. This post has been viewed 1969 times

Viewing 9 posts - 28 through 36 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

hello Rachel, thank you for an update on your recovery process – it would seem you are doing well so that’s the secret – do as the Drs. and Physios say πŸ™‚

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Thank you everyone for your interest in my progress and your good wishes.
    I had my post op visit to my surgeon last week. He is very happy with my progress.
    I am only taking panamax when needed and blood thinning meds for another weeks or so.
    I am able to walk unaided around the house but must take a crutch outside or to the shops etc. probaly to warn people to stay away from me lol.
    Still occasionally getting muscle soreness but nothing like the pre op pain of an arthritc joint.
    My left hip has arthritis in it but he doesn’t expect that will need to be done for 8 to 10 years yet.
    As from 2 May I can drive if I feel comfortable to do so.
    I can sit in my electric operated recliner, oh so much nicer than that hospital chair they loaned me.
    I am allowed to sleep on either side but at the moment turning onto my good side pulls too many muscles and I have managed a short sleep on my wound side before it becomes uncomfortable. My wound( right) side has always been my preferred side to sleep on.
    All these things can be done but must still stick to the no more than 90degree bending and knee lower than hip etc rules.
    Three and a bit weeks post op I never thought that I would feel so good. Getting off those strong addictive pain meds has made a difference. I’m sure they fogged my brain.
    So onwards , upwards and positive thinking.
    To anyone needing a hip replacement I say do it. It’s not easy but so worth it to get rid of that constant nagging pain that panadol and nurofen only dulled, it never completely went away.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

So pleased for you Rachael that Post Op you are making such a good recovery.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

Rachel, what a beautiful update to read following your hip surgery – best wishes πŸ™‚

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

I also add my happy wishes for you Rachel reΒ  your recovery.

My left hip also showed signs ofΒ  playing up I just said to it,’ don’t you dare ‘ and it has been behaving no pains at all.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by bettyh Vic bettyh Vic.
    didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

Rachel, how is your recovery program going – I hope that you are gaining more mobility and your pain level/s are good πŸ™‚

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Hi didi
    Thank you for asking about me.
    I am happy to say that I feel great. I haven’t needed panadol now for five days. I cannot remember the last pain medication free day I had as I had been taking panadol and nurofen for a very long time before my operation.
    I am still doing my exercises also walking a lot more. The hospital chair and other aids are in the corner waiting to go back to the hospital. I have been driving my car since last Tuesday.
    My muscles in both legs occasionally moan and groan at me but it’s been a long time since I could walk very far so they are now getting some much needed exercise.
    I do realise that there is a lot more healing to be done yet so I still have movement restrictions.
    It’s so lovely to have my independence back though.
    I will be happier still after the 18th of this month when I see my surgeon and he tells me that everything is going well inside my leg.
    I most certainly will not wait as long to get my other hip done when the time comes and in hindsight I will be a lot fitter than I was this time.
    It’s like a new lease of life.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

Rachel, it is lovely to read your update and it would seem that you are well on the road to a full recovery. No doubt those legs will get used to walking further πŸ™‚

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Final post on my new hip
    My surgeon was very happy with everything and I don’t need to see him again.
    All is as it should be.

Viewing 9 posts - 28 through 36 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15