Interesting !!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bettymbettym
    Participant

Its interesting that with this virus now taking up all news stories we no longer hear about Climate Change which was supposedly going to cause disasters to this world !

williamthebold
    Participant

I think people discriminate.
    They evaluate things and deal with critical emergencies, or urgent items, first.
    COVID-19 needs action NOW, whilst climate change is less urgent because it has a longer approach time.
    COVID-19 is an immediate emergency, and so it is front and centre in the public mind.
    One could say that pressing needs drive out the less important, as in wartime?
    Is this wartime perhaps?
    I don’t know about others, but I give thought right now to mothers to be, and mothers with young children.
    This must be a worrying time for them.

JenJen
    Participant

COVID-19 needs action NOW, whilst climate change is less urgent because it has a longer approach time.

Can’t argue with that.

Is this wartime perhaps? I don’t know about others, but I give thought right now to mothers to be, and mothers with young children. This must be a worrying time for them.

Worrying time for all of us I reckon.

williamthebold
    Participant

Jen, based on things you have said in posts, I do hope you are able to ‘isolate’ yourself effectively, and that you suffer no major problems with COVID-19.
    I am sorry if this is too personal a statement, and I am sorry if it is a bit much for a post.
    On top of this, I hope we are all old enough, ugly enough (men), and sensible enough, to devise a practical approach to precautions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15