it's started

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by malmather malmather 2 weeks, 5 days ago. This post has been viewed 1 time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    malmather
    malmather
    Participant

watching ABC 24 this evening,  a greens senator was on saying that there should be tolerance all round,  no-one should criticise people if they worship God,  each should follow their own way.  I was surprised,  this was a greenie talking,  but a little later his real agenda became apparent,  he wants it to be illegal to say anything about the homosexuals,  male or female,  it is getting now that they can say and do anything they want to,  but very soon one word that they deem anti them will result in trouble for us,  including a possible gaol term

Salina
    Participant

It started quite a while ago.   Some may see it as evolution of language, but you are right, MM.

There’s a big difference between word usage changing naturally  over time, and being forced to use certain terminology under threats of being targeted as anti whatever the current issue, and even taken to court.

johnvic
    Participant

I don’t know about it just starting. We now live in a cotton wool society where almost everything can be seen as racist or bigotry to somebody. People have grown so soft and insecure that everything is offensive. It’s a sad state of affairs when you’re afraid to talk in public. All out insults should not be tolerated but if it takes new laws and the threat of jail to keep people from respectfully expressing views then clearly not all is well. As for the Greens, what do you expect from a group set up by an openly gay man and a bunch of tree huggers from the 80’s. Just my opinion of cause.

williamthebold
    Participant

Is it as bad as all that?
    I didn’t see the TV program you are talking about.
    What did you see or hear that has you so alarmed?
    Could you be more specific please?
    What words could land you in jail?

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

William,  it was on ABC 24,  the greens senator was talking about equality,  but the greens idea of equality is more like preference to certain citizens of this country and threats to others.  One day the moslems will get control of australia and the greens daughters and granddaughters will be married off to old men just like  other peoples girls,  one more thing,  the moslems will allow young boys to be bought and sold as well,  they have been doing it all their existance.  Did you ever read about Lawrence of arabia?  he had two young boys when he lived amongst the arabs,  he became just like the arabs in every way

williamthebold
    Participant

I am not sure quite how to respond.
    But I can say this.
    I think we are in very deep and very choppy waters here.
    I think we should proceed with extreme caution.
    And I wish you a happy new year Mal.
    I am not sure if you are a sportsman or something else.
    In any case, I hope all goes well for you in 2018.

johnvic
    Participant

MM; A tad pessimistic I think. From previous posts of yours I understand you’re very much anti Muslim, well anti them in Australia anyway. Somehow I don’t think the Greens and Muslims will form an alliance. Muslims, like most religions, have their extremists and moderates. We need not fear the peaceful moderates in any way, we do need to guard ourselves from the extremists. As for Lawrence of Arabia, he was gay and he did share accommodation with other males.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lawrence-arabia-gay-misfit-who-8527578
    “He was illegitimate and he was affected badly when he became aware of it. He had questions about who he was.
    “There were questions about whether he was ‘normal’ because he was gay. He was a repressed homosexual and developed sado-masochistic disorder.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15