Kyle Sandilands

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Jen Jen 5 days, 8 hours ago. This post has been viewed 114 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 12 total)
  • Author

williamthebold
    Participant

I am surprised that no one here has commented on Kyle Sandilands, after his recent ‘outburst’, for which he said he was sorry.
    I don’t listen to his radio ‘shows’, and the little I know of him is from other sources.
    It seems his outbursts can be extremely controversial, and so are often reported by other news outlets.
    But however much a person might like or dislike him, however much he finds favour with his audience or otherwise, there is one thing that must be said about him.
    There is a strong element of truth in much of what he says.
    He ‘lays it on the line’, and expresses a firm opinion, but it is not always random and nebulous as some would have us believe.
    If an opinion based on truth and fact upsets any person, I rather think they would be wise to wonder why.
    There appears to be unfair and unreasonable ridicule of much of what I have heard attributed to him.
    And I still want to know why people get so upset.
    Are they really that insecure?

Salina
    Participant

From the little I know of the man, he appears to be an intellectual pygmy, with his mind in the sewer.

I speak only for myself.

He, and a few others of his ilk, are touted as ”stars” by some sections of the media, who are desperate to manufacture locals as “‘stars”, so as not to have the ”ýanks” taking over our screens.

Pathetic.

williamthebold
    Participant

For the record:
    I don’t see people as good or evil.
    I see them as different from each other.
    Some people naturally think and plan, and are progressive and constructive.
    Others appear NOT to be mentally capable of behaving in that way, and spend an unproductive life ‘living on their wits’.
    When this escalates to, or includes, being harmful to others, they must be separated from the general community.
    I don’t see Kyle in the latter category.
    I really don’t think we should denigrate another human being because we find some fault with what he says.
    We are all born with a different mindset, and should all be entitled to express what we see as a valid opinion.
    What we are not entitled to do is to harm others or to treat them unfairly.
    Or be unreasonably rude to them?  ^_^
    Such things are far too counter-productive.
    It is a fact that Kyle is still there. So he must have a significantly large and supportive audience.
    His appeal must be such that his employer deems his presence worthwhile.
    So a sufficiently great number of people must approve of his style?

Salina
    Participant

“”His appeal must be such that his employer deems his presence worthwhile.
    So a sufficiently great number of people must approve of his style?””

———————————————————-

Again, just my view.

The above says as much about his employer and listeners as it does about the man himself.

As I mentioned before, others might like to consider what/who is classed as a celebrity in Australia today…

and how kids see them.

From the piece below:

“”After all, Kyle and Jackie O’s radio show is the highest rating commercial one in Sydney.””   Very sad

=====================================

Here is  some of the stuff that he has spewed forth.

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/nasty-things-kyle-sandilands-has-said-060641694.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS5hdS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADvwlaeR_ekofEBK10MAmrHslCXybOva_JMTOZDfyUxYUlUlMyrt1J0RXH1YEWt_kHEXJksNgWKso49NypS-Z-BHkEaBKZIDCyRMBYriB5fxhBPLnfusbKfN7RbO2frXzIOluoBEutIvYdNsjYzpwI4ZTDbaduiWPkbMYC4AB0PP

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Kyle Sandilands is just a loud-mouthed jerk IMO, along with a few other so-called “shock jocks’ on Australian radio.

WtB:
    • And I still want to know why people get so upset. Are they really that insecure?
    • I really don’t think we should denigrate another human being because we find some fault with what he says.

IMO … NO, people are not insecure and they don’t denigrate him until he insults them to the max. Idiot extremis I reckon.

williamthebold
    Participant

He is a bit rough and ready isn’t he!
    He should tone down some of his utterances to avoid giving offence?
    But let’s face it.
    Many public figures say things which are later derided by critics.
    And the truth is that they are often things we are thinking ourselves, but not saying out loud.
    So I say again: when there is an element of truth in what Kyle says, those who object should stop and think why they object.
    When what he says borders on being an insult, he needs to be wary, and practice being more circumspect?
    But his bizarre manner of speech must be appealing to many.
    They go back to listen.
    If they disapprove, why don’t they move on and listen to something else?
    If all listeners disapproved, and went elsewhere, his ‘show’ would fade for lack of an audience.
    But it doesn’t. It continues.
    So whatever we think, a large number of people are supportive of his performance.
    Are they all wrong?
    Who are we to tell them what they should listen to?
    Is it once again a case of ‘it takes two to tango’?
    If Kyle is at fault, so, equally, are his listening public?
    You don’t need to change Kyle. You need to change the public who support him?

Salina
    Participant

“”If Kyle is at fault, so, equally, are his listening public?””  His employer more so.

I said as much William.   And the insecure ones are Sandilands and his fans.

williamthebold
    Participant

Yes you did Salina.
    In fact, yours was more comprehensive.
    It seemed right to add a similar comment to the end of what I was writing.
    It flowed on from the previous wording.

Salina
    Participant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15