Live sheep trade

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Tulip Tulip 1 day, 19 hours ago. This post has been viewed 71 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

I am so against this and do feel it is time to think laterally on the subject. It is hard enough to be a farmer without this controversy.
    Why on earth doesn’t the government give more incentives for value adding in Australia. We need the jobs with so much manufacturing going off-shore.
    There must surely be an overseas market for frozen meat and by-products as well as similar canned goods. We hear of the shortage of protein being a big issue in years to come so why not start working towards sensible solutions.
    Countries which demand live animals (probably because of religious practices) will either adapt or go without.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Abirdo,I thought(& hoped) that cruel practice of sending live sheep overseas, had been abandoned, as there were so many protests against the Government for allowing same?!

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

No the government hasn’t got the guts to ban it. They are currently deciding who will get the next export licenses to do it.

Tedwalker
    Tedwalker
    Participant

Agreed abirdo.
    Well said.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

I have just received an email saying a bill has been passed by the senate stopping the export of sheep. Two men mentioned Andrew Willkie & Adam Brandt, also 176 different kind countries against exporting sheep.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15