Looking for slow cooker reviews

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums Reviews Looking for slow cooker reviews

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Salina 10 months ago. This post has been viewed 414 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Salina
    Participant

Does anyone use a slow cooker?   If so, what are the pros and cons?

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

No Salina, no longer have one, but if you do not have one, set your oven at 150% instead.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

As  we have no family living at home these days, no need for a slow cooker, but  if needed, a  slow simmer on the stove top or the oven as Tulip says suits me. If you decide to buy one Selina make sure you have all the bench space  for it and preparations.

Some of the appliances on sale these days are huge, I doubt many households would have the bench space or cupboard space to store these  over the top enormous  gadgets.

Salina
    Participant

Thankyou ladies.

You have confirmed my thoughts .   Being a very small household and retired, it doesn’t seem worth it.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

Salina, I live in a single household and I use my slow cooker for joints of meat, e.g. corned silverside and casseroles. It is used more at this time of the year than in summer but I am happy with the result I get from my simple cooking methods 🙂

ginneee
    Participant

you can now buy a 1.5 ltr slow cooker which does not take up a lot of shelf space $20 woolworths

Salina
    Participant

Thanks Ginneee et al.   I’ll give it some thought for next winter.

My new kitchen has very little room though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15