Macca on the weekend

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Salina 4 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 137 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Who  here listens to Macca on the ABC  on Sundays ? He is an interesting guy to listen to  , plays some  fascinating  unusual  music, we had didgeridoo music this morning, often it is fabulous bird calls ,but the     variety of  people who ring in from all over Australia plus many from overseas,  are a varied lot. Mostly from outback/ inland Australia sometimes  places I have never heard of ,good country folk that make you feel good when you hear them discussing work they do, travels they are undertaking. I sometimes wonder if any of  our Politicians listen to his program as they might get a good different prospective of what is happening in this land of ours and what people are really interested in . Macca has been on our radio’s for many years now and it would be a real loss if he ever closes his program. I think his real name is Ian McDonald and his program is on ABC 774

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

He is Ian McNamara and I have a tape of some songs of his from many years ago. He is now 67 so will probably be around a few years still.

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

so abirdo,  you were a groupie once then lol

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Many thanks abirdo, I was not sure when I typedMcDonald. I don’t like Western and Country music, but do enjoy Macca’s own music when he plays it.

Salina
    Participant

Have listened from time to time.  What I love about the program, is one hears from real Australia.   Farmers, truck drivers, different producers of various foods etc., all calling in from some places I’ve never heard of, to chat and tell us where they are and what they’re doing.  It’s a bit of an eye opener for  we city folk.  That’s for sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15