Melbourne Cup

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by bettyh Vic bettyh Vic 1 week, 1 day ago. This post has been viewed 46 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Well the cups been run,  all the champagne cups are empty, no folks stretched out on the lawns, under the weather as usual, I wonder how many ladies  walked in bare feet so they didn’t get their very expensive shoes ruined. We watched the running on the Tv but that’s all, don’t really care about all the hoo ha re this race

Heard several people complaining this morning re all the thousands of dollars that must have been spent and lost re the running of the cup. We get nonstop articles about all the folk that cannot pay their mortgages,  struggle to pay their bills yet we  see a day where enormous amounts of money  being thrown around,  it  just  seems appalling

!! Not my thoughts- just some opinions being aired this morning by  others  at morning coffee

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

I watched it but have never had a bet on any races.

Another horse dead … on top of those listed below … makes me very sad.

All for the entertainment of a few.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Gosh Jen is that only one year  for all those horses dying?  That’s appalling but in some cases maybe it was old age, even so thats one heck of a lot of horses that have died from racing??

Not being a racing fan I don’t know any of those names.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15