More thoughts on SSM

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Tulip Tulip 1 month, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 631 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Salina
    Participant

It’s a pity that such groups as the one below are not given as much publicity as others.
    Not a word on the opinions of our Indigenous people from those who purport to be so supportive of our Aborigines. Apparently to them it’s more important to change dates for Aus Day than to support the highly regarded institution of marriage on behalf of our Aborigines.
    …………………………………………………

“Aboriginal Australians are highly offended by homosexual “marriage” and are actively opposed to same-sex “marriage”. The well funded homosexual lobby is discriminating against other minority groups who believe wholeheartedly that homosexual proposed changes to the marriage act are a real and present danger to Australian society, Australian children and Australia’s freedom.

​Offending other minority Australians (Aboriginals, Christians, Jews, Muslims) to appease homosexuals will not lead to unity, peace, harmony, tolerance, progress, health benefits, child well-being, reduced suicide rates among the youth. Don’t do it Australia. Maintain marriage and honour the blood of the ANZACS.

THE Uluru bark petition, backed by leaders of 70 different indigenous cultural groups from Queensland to Western Australia, reveal that there is widespread opposition by the original inhabitants of Australia to the proposed changes to marriage law.

The group opposes same-sex marriage on the basis that traditional unions between a man and a woman have always been upheld amongst the oldest living culture on earth.

Indigenous Liberal MP Ken Wyatt said fathers and mothers were deeply honoured in Aboriginal culture.”

truemarriageequality.com

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Salina.
    JJS
    JJS
    Participant

I’ll be voting equal rights for all. That be a YES for me!

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

Good article Salina,thank you. First time I have heard about the Aborigine response, really enlightening.

Salina
    Participant

It’s also very interesting to read about a young adult woman brought up by two lesbians.
    She spoke in the Australian Parliament at some stage …not sure when. But her talk is available on the net.
    She has had a number of speaking engagements, and is extremely honest in her assessment of her own life and the ramifications for the current generation of children being brought up in same sex households.
    If interested her name is Millie Fontana. Easily googled.

A quote from Millie:
    “It is all quite twisted and sad”

The anguish in her voice is sad to listen to. By the way, she loves her two lesbian ‘parents’, but her confusion and desperation are palpable.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Salina.

johnvic
    Participant

Political correctness and equality for all sounds like a utopia but it has implications. If we are all equal should we all do only as much work as the weakest, should we all get the same pay regardless of education or job. Should good manners be discarded as chauvinistic. In sex education do we explain the birds and the bees then go onto the birds and the birds and the bees and the bees? Be honest with yourself here; if you were walking down the street with your young grand child and saw a young man and woman sitting together and give each other a kiss would you make you grand child look away; what if it was two men or two woman? How far are we going to allow this freedom and “equality” to go; after all men and woman are attracted to other things and people besides people of the same or opposite gender in the same age group. I’ll be voting NO, it goes against the laws of nature.

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

The big problem as I see it isn’t that the LGB mob want to marry,  its what the implications are for the future,  we have already heard of a cake shop proprietor being victimised for refusing to make a wedding cake for two people of the same sex,  freedom of speech,  freedom of religion and freedom of conscience is what is really at stake here

Salina
    Participant

I read somewhere one of the big supermarkets is selling Happy Special Person Day cakes.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Salina.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Salina.

jay
    Participant

Mal

I dont see why the cake maker should be allowed to discriminate.

What if he refused to bake a cake for an aboriginal couple, or a Jewish wedding or for someones pet pig because he was muslim

Same as a hotelier refusing a room  to a same sex couple or mixed race couple or a muslim couple

discrimination is discrimination, whatever form it takes

malmather
    malmather
    Participant

Jay,  a person in business should be able to say who he deals with or doesn’t without being called a bigot

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15