Morning Papers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Tedwalker Tedwalker 11 months, 4 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 331 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bettym
    bettym
    Participant

Whilst having a morning coffee I was  handed  a news paper that a lady had finished reading, it turned out to be one of the English news papers.

Well I thought I was reading a local Melbourne paper, the news was almost exactly the same, apart from a piece about the Queen and  Prince Harry, the same sort of crime,   murder and other crime, bosses ripping off their companies, all about their Prime Minister and her woes with Brexit all the same news as here.

Seems our papers just copy what is being said overseas apart from some added in local news

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

BettyM I don’t think the British papers would have the very sad news about two small brothers, one five & the other three years old drowned in the river in Townsville?!

bettym
    bettym
    Participant

No Tulip they didn’t  but they did have a piece about a girl of about six yrs assaulted ,raped and killed I didn’t read the whole piece as  to who, or when, I can not bear to read such ghastly   awful things.

Tedwalker
    Tedwalker
    Participant

bettym.
    Much of the media presents bad news, because they know that so many people like it.
    Those people like it because it hasn’t happened to them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15