Mother drives off with toddler on the roof of the car in Western Australia

Welcome to the Greypath National Seniors Website Forums Headlines Mother drives off with toddler on the roof of the car in Western Australia

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by bettym bettym 5 months ago. This post has been viewed 373 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Salina
    Participant

I really wonder if the pressures of modern life for young mothers is the cause of such an incident happening.

Footage obtained by Nine News shows a toddler on top of a car being driven by his mother who was reportedly unaware her son was on the roof.
    The shocking incident was captured in Harrisdale, Western Austrralia, just before 6pm on Friday and lasted for about 10 minutes.

link

I tried to paste a link to nine news but it didn’t happen.   So go to ninenews.com.au and you can view the actual video of the car being driven off with the baby on top.

• This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Salina.
    • This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Salina.
    Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Salina
    Participant

The car is moving along at quite a speed.   Very lucky baby.

Thanks for the link Jen.

JJS
    JJS
    Participant

throw her in Jail!!!!!!

abirdo
    abirdo
    Participant

Just another case of unable/unwilling to care for children properly . 4 year olds should be unable to release themselves from approved seats let alone climb out of windows onto the roof of a moving car (which is what this mother claimed) without it being noticed!!

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

This little four years old is an Autistic child.

Tulip
    Tulip
    Participant

When I commented re this child being Autistic, I should have added how their behaviour is challenging, also difficulties with communication, though intelligent as another child of his age, how this mother of two had these younger children were restrained in the back seat of the car, also possibly the Autistic child was restrained, but if he was determined to get on roof of that car, there would have been no way of stopping him!
    The mother later commented, that if all the people who were photographing her child on top of the car, instead would have been more helpful in drawing her attention to her child on the roof of the car!

Beatrice
    Beatrice
    Participant

I can relate to that mother’s comment about people not helping.

I have a 10 year old great grandaughter that is autistic, one day she had a melt down in the middle of a busy main road, her mother is very small and the child is quite hefty for her age and her mother could not pick her up and move to safety, there were cars passing either side of them and not one car driver stopped to ask my grandaughter if she needed help with her daughter.

bettym
    bettym
    Participant

Why didn’t the other children in the car   scream out to the mother about the child climbing out the window? sounds  as if the mother maybe was so exasperated with the child she may have said ” if he wants to be that stupid let him  will teach him a lesson “

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15