NBN Providers

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  pome 6 months, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 307 times

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Abbey NSW
    Abbey NSW
    Participant

I would be interested in people’s experience in changing to NBN. I am with Telstra ADSL-2, but their equivalent quota for data download is twice the price I currently pay 50GB @ $29.95 (after multi policy disc). Even taking into a/c that I won’t need the $25 pm phone line rental (only used for adsl), it still works out quite a bit dearer. It looks like I will have to look elsewhere, possibly Aussie Broadband. Anyone else got any other recommendations?

JJS
    JJS
    Participant

I Have another 2 to 3 years to wait before it comes my way.

Haven’t heard of anyone completely happy with the NBN!

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

rob
    Participant

I have been on the NBN for a number of years now.  First with satellite,  then my area was wired for Fibre to the premises. (FTTP)

I went with SkyMesh as my provider after Aussie Broadband abandoned the satellite service.

I couldn’t be happier.  I have a service that works well,  has an Australian help desk,  and they usually go well above and beyond the average in their help

Costwise,  it has been far cheaper for me to have the FTTP than it was on satellite.

I pay $49.95 per month for the service,  which gives me 60Gig off peak and 30 Gig peak hours per month.  I have a 25/5 service,  which is speedy enough for me.

Voip phone is $10 per month,  and local and national calls cost 10 cents,  though I believe overseas calls may be more expensive.  I have no need of them.

Netflix is not counted as download,  so if you subscribe to that,  it will be downloaded free.

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

2020 before it gets to us and we’re 50kms from Perth.

Jennywren-vic
    Jennywren-vic
    Participant

July 2019 and I am 11ks from centre of Melbourne

Abbey NSW
    Abbey NSW
    Participant

Thanks Rob for that useful info. I phoned Skymesh but unfortunately they haven’t been able to obtain the bandwidth here. Said maybe in 6 months and to0k my details to let me know.  However, they all require a purchase of a modem, or like Telstra, charge more for an included modem on a contract.   Mine is going to be FTTN, so not as good as yours.  Aussie Broadband is an option, and with no contract, so can opt out if I don’t like it (after having bought their modem).

pome
    Participant

I have gone to cable for my inter net and the bundle is $70 a mouth for 100 gb. this is for home phone as well.it is a lot faster than adsl 2 pluse/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15