Newspapers

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by bettym bettym 1 week, 1 day ago. This post has been viewed 98 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bettym
    bettym
    Participant

Has anyone else noticed that the newspapers are almost full of ads these days?
    you turn over a page and its one small news item on one page the rest of the two pages is ads, that seems to be mainly the Herald Sun which also has a front separate wrap around, the Age is not quite as bad.
    Makes you wonder if the economy is worse than they say, as seems like all the shops have sales on offering supposed huge discounts.

Salina
    Participant

I subscribe online to a few newspapers. There does seem to be a bit more advertising, but we are nearing the end of the financial year, and I think that creates a little more activity.   But, who knows??

Jen
    Jen
    Participant

Haven’t read an actual print newspaper for years now so have no idea what they look like these days.

I read news avidly online but haven’t subscribed to any as yet. Usually manage to find a work around or an alternative free source covering the same topic.

Makes it so hard for the news services. Wonder how much longer many will survive.

Salina
    Participant

It certainly is a pity that most reputable news sources have to have a paywall.   We  can get a certain amount from the free sources.   But I tend to feel people are missing out on a lot of background information on many stories, that can give more substance and important detail.

Also, it’s really interesting to read comments under stories.   I have picked up a lot of valuable information from commenters over the years.

bettym
    bettym
    Participant

I have mentioned listening to Macca on the ABC on Sundays, he talks to people all over Australia and oversea’s it is really interesting to listen to people- mainly in country areas -that are involved in all sorts of activities that you never hear about. There are festivals, marathon’s, markets, boating activities’, folks talking about different interesting area’s to explore, music concerts’ makes you realize what a really interesting country Australia is. Going on the newspapers article’s these days its all sounds pretty boring in this country nothing much seems to happen apart from crime and car accidents.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15