Oh no

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jay 2 days, 17 hours ago. This post has been viewed 271 times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

I turned on the tv yesterday for the first time in days and what was on but an advert advising me to vote no in the gay marriage survey. I don’t need anyone to tell me which way to vote I may be elderly but I still have an active brain that is quite capable of making up it’s own mind.

jay
    Participant

who was the sponsor ?

Salina
    Participant

I can’t see anything wrong in advertising for a particular vote. Especially in light of the fact that the Yes people seem to attract much more publicity, and have been and still do, get so much publicity from TV personalities who are just as guilty, in that they are using their public profile to spruik their point of view.

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Jay , I don’t know who sponsored the ad.
    Salina, you are right. However I feel the same with either a yes or no vote ad or when anyone tries to influence my vote be it in decisions like this or elections.

bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

I can’t understand the Parliament not doing a general vote and it all over and done with. When so many countries overseas approve of same sex marriage I again can’t understand the carry-on out here.

AND so much for TV people getting in on the voting act, there are a number of GAY people on TV and in the movies, but they all try to keep it very quiet , feeling it will not be really well accepted as yet

jay
    Participant

Betty – Who are these gay people on TV and movies . Come on spill it. Love a good gossip 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 days, 16 hours ago by  jay.
    bettyh Vic
    bettyh Vic
    Participant

Sorry no Names, but there is a well know male news reader on TV that is gay, also one chap on SBS is also gay, there was an article some time back about him and his partner. How about the Australian actress that is living with the American  midday program popular host. Plus there are others.

I don’t really care about peoples sexual preferences,  its life and we are all different.

didi - VIC
    didi – VIC
    Participant

bettyh I was shocked to read of the long-standing newsreader on a commercial channel being gay to the point that I changed channels to view the nightly news.
    I don’t view a lot of SBS programs but I think I know which newsreader you refer to.

jay
    Participant

Awhhh Betty – youre no fun 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15