Our Street is Changing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Salina 1 month, 1 week ago. This post has been viewed 110 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bettym
    bettym
    Participant

Yes our lovely quiet street is changing, people just moving or becoming ill and into nursing homes, then in comes families, two with dogs that yap on for hours,( and I do mean for hrs, goodness knows what the owners would do if at home, the dogs do go quiet when the owners appear after work.) then its children with basketball hoops that we hear bang bang of the balls for hrs then the small girls jump for ages on their trampoline, we now have three houses with that scenario. Some older couples cant bear the noise anymore and are planning on moving, we are not planning a move as yet not yet!!, but who knows when the weather warms up I guess the noise will get worse. A couple across the road have the family behind them that have put in a swimming pool and although its not swimming weather they have parties that are very noisy, when the owners were approached they were not at all nice about things. Oh well I guess that’s life these days, its a lot different from when we were young.

Dusty WA
    Dusty WA
    Participant

All too true Betty, and somehow the noise of the bouncing balls seems to be louder than I remember when I was younger .I think most of us older folk grew up in areas where we all knew each other and it is a shock to realise that that is no longer so.Strangers with kids move in and while it is great to see the kids having fun,we wish they could play with a little less noise .We  have little ones in the street directly ahead of our place and they come roaring down their driveways on bikes and scooters on to the middle of the road and I find myself praying no cars come around the corner One daft parent built a makeshift tennis net and the kids played tennis on the road that was completely blocked Ah well the world is their oyster now I guess so us oldies just have to grin and bare it

Salina
    Participant

To add to the above:

The number of apartment blocks and high rise development areas is spreading in many Melbourne suburbs.   The roads and infrastructure are simply not built to cater for all the extra vehicle traffic.    They tell us Melbourne population is growing rapidly, but I just can’t imagine what the traffic will be like.    It’s bad enough now.   Progress or not?   I don’t know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15